There are many reasons for short URLs to stay in the online business. Turning long links into short URLs can not only save space when posting links onto social networks, but also can prevent from broken links and link wrappings. Online marketers also use short URLs to mask links’ original sources when they promote affiliate products.
Who can use short URLs to make money online?
To make money online, usually you need to create a profitable website and sell your products, affiliate products or ads space to make money online. But there are at least three simple ways to make money online without a website:
How to earn money fast with short URLs?
You can post your short URLs anywhere you deem right on the internet. Not all URL shorteners offer you making money opportunities, you need to use the URL shorteners I listed below to short your links to earn ads revenue.
Let’s look at some examples:
- You found a free coupon for a great restaurant, you like to share it with your Facebook friends, choose adf.ly to shorten the link, then you post it onto Facebook.
- When your friends click the link, they will first see an advertisement before they are directed to the free coupon page.
- They won’t care to see some ads from time to time, they just can’t wait to see your great sharing. If your link is useful, valuable to your followers, I think you are justified to get some rewards for finding it and sharing it, without any cost from your friends.
What do you think?
You probably have already received many such paid ads shortlinks before from others and wondered how they could make it happen.
Even better, if you wish to double profit from your short URLs, you can choose a product to promote from an affiliate network.
Now you can register your free accounts with any of these URL shorteners and earn money from sharing short URLs.
adf.ly is a free URL shortener with a twist. It allows you to choose to earn money by sharing advertisement revenue. After registering a free account, you can earn money by every click your short URLs generate. They have detailed traffic metrics to tell you which network works better for your short URLs. The minimum payment is $5 using PayPal.
Related Amazon Books To Read:
LinkBucks is not a URL shorten service, but it fits into the concept of making money with paid links. You can create a single paid link, multiple links, or even use a full page script to automatically changes the links on the page to Paid Links. The minimum payment is $10.
ity.im : The minimum payout is $3 with paypal. The unique feature of this URL shortener is the audio-add-on to short URLs. You can record an audio to add onto the short URLs and get the audio played when the links are clicked. This is a quite useful tool for advertising your own products or affiliate products.
lnk also offers a few ways to make money online with paid links. You can create short links for interstitial ads which are commercial ads between your links transition, or create top frame banner ads. You can download photos/images to lnk.co and choose an ads type before sharing to the social networks of your choice.The minimum withdrawal is $5.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Websites for Importing from China to Sell Online
adfoc is an easy to use free URL shortener. You can use its “site link shortener” to convert any links on a site to paid links on the fly. You have to earn at least $10 before a payout request.
Some Don’ts When Use Short URls
Anyone can use short URLs to make money online. All these tools above give you freedom to choose how invasive you want your ads placements to be with your paid links. You need to remember, however, no one likes spammers. So here are my two cents for using this method to earn money:
- Use short URLs to earn money in a moderate manner, don’t irritate people with too aggressive ads placement or forget to place a frequency cap.
- Only offer informational, much-needed valuable links to share. People won’t regret to view a 5-second ads if they know there are great offers, exciting news or free cash waiting for them on the other side.
**Disclosure of Material Connection:
Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally or believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”