Positive customer reviews are important for your e-commerce success
A report published in 2011 revealed that positive consumer reviews have a favorable impact on revenues in the restaurant industry:
“a one-star increase in Yelp rating leads to a 5-9 percent increase in revenue.”
I don’t think this report result will surprise many people though, everyone knows that a bad customer review, especially a bad review that goes viral could brutally beat up a business. Meanwhile, there are many benefits of getting positive customer reviews for your e-commerce business:
- People respond more to products that have more positive reviews.
- Positive customer reviews can create a much more positive image of your e-commerce.
- Positive reviews make the customers feel comfortable and ease when shopping at your e-commerce website, improve user experience and help to increase Google ranking and therefore drive more traffic to it.
- Customers tend to do more research before their purchasing decisions. Positive customer reviews provide these much needed information to help customers to click the “buy” button.
- Customers will favor an e-commerce website with more positive customer reviews, and will treat these sites as more competitive and authorized in an industry niche.
How to leverage this customer review tool for your e-commerce and boost your sales online? This article introducing a few strategies to solicit more positive customer reviews.
Social Media Bandwagon
Facebook is still the largest social network with millions and millions of online users. You can create a Facebook page, Facebook group or community around your e-commerce website and encourage people to write their reviews about your website. Facebook has recently introduced open graphs, which can be used to share customer reviews on your e-commerce website with Facebook users. Many people found Facebook ads to be a cost-effective way to promote business to Facebook fans.
Linkedin is another great platform to connect customers with similar products interests. Using Linkedin PPC to advertising your services or products can invite fruitful results.
Whenever interact with your customers, openly ask for feedbacks, encourage feedbacks of all kinds, not just positive customer reviews. If you have bad customer reviews, you can choose to handle them timely and properly to turn these unsatisfied customers into loyal fans.
Stay Current With All the Customer Reviews:
There are many websites offering customer reviews. E-commerce and small business owners should know where their business stand in these review websites so that they can promote their brands properly and respond to reviews quickly. Again the most populated site for customer reviews is Facebook. Twitter comes close to it. There are more sites you can go through to check on your customer reviews and interact with your customers and fans.
- Yelp is the best way to find local deals for many online shoppers, Yelp Deals can sometime slash up to 90% off the price at the best local business .
- Yahoo local is another place to go to find out what your customers are talking about your business.
- City Search can help consumers to find the best businesses in their cities
- insiderPages helps people to find local reputable businesses through recommendations from their friends and neighbours.
- Judysbook has millions of listings and reveiws for local businesses.
- Angies List can heip customers find reviews of local business from plumbers to physicians.
- TripAdvisor offers travel advice from real travelers, it has a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with links to booking tools. TripAdvisor has over 100 million reviews and opinions from travelers.
- MerchantCircle is the largest online network of local business owners in the Nation. Ir provides a direct line for consumers to access the local businesses in their community.
- PowerReviews is the world’s largest social commerce network. It helps companies tap into consumer conversations to increase coversion and boost sales with product reviews. It meanwhile provides consumers an easy way to share their insights about brands, products and services. Many popular leading brands have standardized on PowerReviews to drive sales, increase traffic and shape product development.
Related Amazon Books for Ecommerce:
[AMAZONPRODUCTS asin=”0984358102,0956526209,0615786871″ listprice=”1″]
Make Customer Reviews Available On you Websites:
You can incorporate review scripts into your own ecommerce website so that customers can easily leave their feed backs when they shop online. There are many software available for choosing from:
You May Also Like:
Make the Best Out of Positive Customer Reviews:
You know how good your e-commerce is and you know there are lots of loyal customers to your business.
- Make the best of their positive opinions by asking for their customer reviews and testimonials.
- You can showcase these best reviews and testimonials on your website so that other newcomers to your site could feel more relaxed to shop around.
- Using follow up emails to connect with those who have happy experience on your site and turn them into your best advocates.
Actively seeking out positive customer reviews can be very beneficial for your e-commerce store.
**Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally or believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”